Sunday, October 27, 2013

Adopted!






Jenny came over today and was a good match for us!!!

She is so loving and gentle and seems to really appreciate having a home. Jenny was found as a stray in Rancho Cucamonga and brought to their shelter on 8/2/13.  She was rescued from the shelter on 10/9/13 by Ready Pet Rescue and lived in a  foster home for a month.

I was going to name her Lily, but over the week I found myself calling her Jenny so I am keeping that. 

She did great in the house the first few nights except for an accident in the bedroom (luckily most was on a pee pad) and in the office the 2nd day. For the first few days I was nervous that she wasn't going to be housetrained in our home, but as the week went on, she has been going in "her spot" in the yard on a schedule. I am so proud of her progress!
She is ok with Bela so far, but Bela was VERY antagonistic the first few days. She stalked her and swatted at her often. The first 2 nights of sleeping were tough because Bela was trying to swat at her while she was asleep. The next night I had a gate ready in case Bela tried that again and I was going to separate the two at night, but Bela learned to behave and sleep on the bed at my feet without bothering Jenny (Jenny sleeps next to me on her blanket curled up - so cute!)

I am VERY thankful that Jenny sleeps through the whole night without getting up. That makes things easier with Bela.

She is great on a leash and enjoys going on walks, which is so much fun!
She is also playing fetch in the yard!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a kind comment :)