Sunday, June 29, 2014

Jenny has a new brother!

Blanco BunBun came to live with us on Monday! Even though Jenny was awesome with the bunnies at the rescue when we visited, she was not too happy at first when Blanco was here. She barked a lot at the baby gate and bathroom door, knowing that *someone* was back there. She also whined alot by the baby gate. I learned later when the "Rabbit Whisperer"  (Linda the rescue lady) came over that Jenny was just being protective of me. Linda was able to get the bunny on my lap while I sat on the couch and Jenny learned how to sit nicely on the floor next to me and not bother the bunny! I was amazed by Jenny's quick realization that Blanco is not going to hurt me (even though he did bite me pretty hard earlier that evening!) and that he is now part of the family.

Saying hi though the baby gate!
Blanco!

"Who is this new addition?"
I was actually MOST shocked at Bela's behavior. Not once did she hiss or get puff-tailed around the bunny. This surprised me since she gets pretty mad when any other creature comes near the front door, but she seemed to realize quickly that Blanco is "one of us."

Pic of the day
Sometimes I just get a HUGE smile on my face and come close to tears when I see her so comfortable and happy in our home. Its been too warm to use our comforter the past few nights, so I folded it up and put it at the bottom of the bed on the floor. I think she believes it is HER bed now! :) It warms my heart knowing she will NEVER EVER know a wet concrete floor ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a kind comment :)