Saturday, March 1, 2014

Dogs and Cats

Jenny and Béla have been hanging out alot closer to each other lately. I keep hoping for the day when they are found snuggling together somewhere, but even if that never happens, the peace in the house between them is all I could really ask for. They still play chase, but it is a mutual play chase.
Hanging out closer in the kitchen

I woke up one morning to both of them laying by me!
FIRST time Béla has sat on my lap (willingly) with Jenny on the couch at the same time

Improvement with Guests
I was so proud of how Jenny acted when Terry and Nancy came over last weekend. I talked to them beforehand and asked them both to ignore her when they came in the house and just allow Jenny to bark for a minute and just watch them. When Jenny started to approach them, I told them to not even look at her, but to drop some treats in her direction. We did that a few times and Jenny started to come near them more and more. By the end of the night Jenny allowed them to pet her. I could see that she was still a little cautious towards them, but what an improvement from her growling last time! I am going to continue this approach and see how it goes. Letting her meet people at her own pace and associating guests with good things (treats) seems to be the way to go!
End of the night pets from Nancy....no growling!
Random Pictures
Being silly with mom

Sunbathing on a nice Saturday

Enjoying the sun...
Jenny stealing Béla's spot!

Sleepy....
"Sometimes I like to rock one ear up!"

How we feel about 5am weekday alarm clocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a kind comment :)