Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cats and Dogs

 Jenny and Béla have been peacefully coexisting, which is all I ever asked for from Béla. She has been the queen of the house for the last 6 years, so I wasn't expecting her to want to be best friends with Jenny right away. 

Béla will sometimes still swat at Jenny if she gets to close, but luckily it is nothing that makes Jenny yelp or anything. It almost seems like more of a playful swat without claws.

Béla is starting to spend more time downstairs with Jenny, which is great! I feel terrible because Jenny has taken over 2 of her favorite spots- the kitchen rug and the top of the couch. I am hoping that in time, Béla starts to use those spots more if they are unoccupied. 

Jenny is definitely intimidated by Béla a bit. If Béla is blocking her pathway (especially in the hallway or on the stairs) Jenny will whine to get help passing.

We still keep them separated when we are not at home using a baby gate on the stairs....just to be safe. 
"No matter what, this is STILL my castle!"

The closest pic I could get of the 2 of them together

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a kind comment :)