Monday, January 13, 2014

Foggy Morning

Brrr.....
Someone does not like to go on her morning walk if it is "chilly" out. For us here in So. California, 50 degrees is a "chilly" morning. Up until about a week ago, whenever *I* would go outside, Jenny would follow me, even if it was "chilly." Now, she has started to peek outside and say "Eh....not now," and then turn around to go onto the couch.

She also used to ALWAYS come downstairs in the morning when she heard me going down. That ended about 2 weeks ago when she discovered that the bed is a super-comfy place in the morning. I suppose she is finally feeling safe in our home and feels that she does not have to follow me everywhere and have me in her sight at all times.

Her new blanket. No wonder she wants to stay there!

"YAWN! I'd rather lay here than go out today..."

"Seriously?! You're going to make me walk through THAT?""

"Oh, man...she really does want me to walk in that cloud!"

Other Dogs
Jenny had a playdate for a bit with our neighbor's dog, Molly. Sadly, Jenny was being a bit of a bully today - growling and biting (albeit playfully) at Molly's neck. I learned from a trainer that it is ok for dogs to play that way as long as it is reciprocal. Molly did not seem like she enjoying Jenn's "playfulness," so we cut their date short. We shall try again on Molly's turf next time. Jenny seemed to do a bit better over there the last time they played.


This is why mom had a hard time getting any work done today!

Someday...
I saw this little guy today at a Rescue Group event. I texted my husband this picture and jokingly said, "Can I bring him home?"

I was expecting him to say, "Don't get any ideas," but instead he texted back, "Sure!"

After a few more texts back and forth I found out that he IS open to the idea of adopting another pup someday! (I had assumed it would take MUCH more persuading than that!)

I am not ready just yet, but perhaps over the summer when I am on break? We shall see....



Cats and Dogs
I need to toughen up my training a bit with these two:

I cannot complain... they get along well for the most part, but I have been getting nervous about Béla coming up to Jenny (especially when she is on the blue kitchen mat) and swiping at her. I worry that one day she will swipe too close to her eyes. I've been working on simply separating them when they get too close or if I see Béla with "that look" like she is ready to strike. I think that Béla approaches her on that mat because that is where SHE used to sit. Since we have gotten Jenny, even if the mat is unoccupied, I have not seen Béla even attempt to reclaim it. I also noticed that with the top of the couch. I have been hesitant to use the water bottle on Béla because I do not want her to associate being near Jenny with punishment.
I am also trying to stop Jenny from laying outside of Béla's room to try to get her to come out to play. I am still happy that Jenny will not actually go INTO that room, but I don't want her to think it is ok to lay outside staring into the room waiting for her.
Needless to say, the gate is still in use at the bottom of the stairs when we are not home to supervise.

Final thoughts...


My favorite part of our walk...night view.


3 comments:

  1. She sounds like she has such a unique and charming personality! I can't wait to meet her. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you could get me out of that comfy bed either! :)

    What a beautiful girl. I love reading about Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hopped over today from the BlogPaws community and you have a lovely blog and a wonderful way of writing. Hope you will be at the conference in LV and that we can meet.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a kind comment :)